Iâ€™m new when it comes to shopping at Target with coupons and Iâ€™m JUST learning so awesome tips about them that I didnâ€™t know about. I wanted to go ahead and pass what I learned along to you all so you can also make the most out of your trips there!
* Did you knowâ€¦ that if you purchased and item and within 14 days that same item is put on sale you can bring in your receipt and get refunded the difference of the item? You donâ€™t have to bring in the item with you either, just the receipt to customer care!
* Make sure to always hand over all your manufacturer couponsfirstâ€“before Target store coupons. This technique will minimize coupon beepage.
* To read a Target clearance Stickerâ€¦ look at the top right corner. There will be a number printed very small. This number indicates the percentage of the markdown. So if you see a 30 itâ€™s 30% off the original price, 50 is 50% off the original price, etc.
Also, if the â€œnowâ€ price (i.e. on this photo $10.48) shows a last digit of a â€œ6â€³ or an â€œ8â€³ then they have more mark downs to go. If it has a final number of a â€œ4â€³ then itâ€™s at itâ€™s lowest markdown. Any other numbers itâ€™s just a guess as to whatâ€™s going to happen. So looking at the above photo it will be marked down again.
Another thing about the clearanceâ€¦ Target keeps marking their items down until their gone. If the price isnâ€™t low enough for you now, check back in 2 weeks! They do their mark downs every 2 weeks! In fact, they have a little schedule they follow as to what they mark down on what day of the week:
-Healthy & Beauty
* Always carry a copy of the Target coupon policy when shopping. Although everything will most likely be fine, if you need to dispute something, itâ€™ll be best to do so with the proof right there in your hand!
* Use the scanner. Sometimes the clearance team misses an item that should have been re-stickered with a lower price. If it is something you want, always check the price with a scanner. Also, scan things that are one of a kind. These things may be returns from previous seasons that have been clearanced out. You may be surprised!
* Donâ€™t judge the clearance by its sign. If you keep on walking because the clearance sign only reads 15% off, you may be missing out.Â The fine print says 15% OR MORE and youâ€™ll often see steeper markdowns upon closer inspection, intermingled with the 15% off goodies.
* Check out the REDcard. Target introduced its REDcard in fall 2010. Cardholders will receive 5% off when they use the Target REDcard debit card, or 5% cash back with the Target REDcard credit card. A word to the wise: use credit responsibly. Only apply if you can pay your balance in full at the end of the month, otherwise youâ€™re really not saving any money.You can apply for the REDcard at a Target store or by mail. Details here.
* Take advantage of Targetâ€™s price matching policy. If you find an item in a competitorâ€™s ad, bring it to Target and theyâ€™ll match the advertised price. The competitorâ€™s ad must be local and current, and the product must be the identical item, brand name, quantity and model number. Read more about Targetâ€™s Price Matching Policy here.
* BYOB (bring your own bag). For each of your own reusable bags you use at checkout, Target will give you $.05 back. Itâ€™s a great way to keep plastic bags out of landfills while putting a little money back in your pocket.
If you have any tips to get the best deals out of Target please share them below!
If you enjoyed this article, Get email updates (Itâ€™s Free)